Best Memory Foam Dog Bed Reviews: A Comfortable Place for your Pet
Benefits of Memory Foam Dog Bed
What makes memory foam a good choice for a dog bed? Below are some of the reasons that can convince you to choose it above others:
- Conforms to the Body Shape: Memory foam is a breakthrough material that reacts to the angle and curve of the body. With this, it is able to offer personalized comfort depending on the pressure that is applied to it.
- Breathable: Even high-density memory foam is great because it improves air circulation. Because of its breathability, dogs will be able to rest well.
- Durable: As long as you choose a high-quality fabric, memory foam is usually thicker than other types of foams. Because of this, you can expect it to last for many years.
- Relieves Pain: Dogs can suffer from hip, joint, and muscle pain, among other forms of discomfort. Memory foam will be effective in relieving pressure in their body.
- Corrects Medical Conditions: This is in relation to how memory foam is effective in pain relief. Some veterinarians will recommend this type of foam for certain conditions that could be hurting your dog. This is especially true in the case of dogs suffering from hip dysplasia.
Choosing a Memory Foam Dog Bed
If you are having a hard time reaching a decision, below are some of the factors that you should consider:
- Type of Memory Foam: you can choose from crumb or solid memory foam. Crumb or shredded memory foam will be better in terms of air circulation since there are pockets between unlike in the case of a solid foam.
- Size: The right size will depend on a number of factors, such as the space that is available in your house and the size of your dog. Large dogs sleeping in a small bed will not only feel uncomfortable, but the memory foam can also easily shrink or deform.
- Thickness: Most of the memory foam beds are 3-inch thick. If you have a large dog, you need to opt for a thicker memory foam so that it will be able to support the weight of your pet adequately. If not, it will be easy for the foam to be compressed.
- Liner: Choose a memory foam dog bed that has a liner. In some cases, this can be removed. It will be essential in maintaining the shape of the bed and in keeping it in its peak form.
- Bolster: Not all memory foam dog beds have a bolster. Some are only plain mattress without anything on the side. If you want it to be more comfortable, look for one that comes with a bolster or pillow.
- Ease of Cleaning: To prolong the functional life of the memory foam dog bed, make sure that it is cleaned thoroughly. Choose one that will be effortless to maintain. The cover should be removable and machine-washable. It is also great if it is stain-resistant.
- Design: The dog bed will be most likely exposed and will be seen even by your guests. With this, pick one that is stylish. Its design should complement the overall look of the room where it is placed. You can also change covers every now and then to give the dog bed a fresh look.
- Resistance to Allergens: It will also be good to choose a memory foam dog bed that is made from hypoallergenic materials, especially for the cover. See to it that the materials are dust, mold, and mildew-resistant.
- Warranty: This will provide you with peace of mind. An extensive warranty coverage shows that the manufacturer is confident in the quality of their product. Take note, however, that there are some things that will make the warranty void, such as if the damage is because of the chewing of your dog.
Care and Maintenance for Memory Foam Dog Beds
Through the years, even if you opt for a high-quality product, it is inevitable that the memory foam dog bed will show signs of wear and tear. To make it last longer and to be sure that it will deliver optimal comfort for your dog, the following are some of the most important tips to keep in mind:
- Wash only the cover based on the directions from the manufacturer. Do not wash memory foam. If the memory foam gets soaked in water, the internal parts will weaken, and this will lead to the inability to conform to the shape of the body.
- Use covers at all times. Most of the models available in the market have waterproof covers. A darker color is better since stain and dirt will not be easily visible.
- Be sure that the memory foam is thoroughly dried before being used by the dog. One of the best ways is to dry it using natural sunlight. This will also be effective in getting rid of any foul odor. There are also sprays that you can use for deodorizing the memory foam
- If the odor is too strong and cannot be removed by sunlight alone, spray a mixture made from equal parts of vinegar and water. Sprinkling it with baking soda will also do the trick.
Below is a short video that will show you more on how to clean a stinky dog bed:
Top Picks for the Best Memory Foam Dog Bed
Clueless on which product will make the best choice? If you are having a hard time deciding, this section will make your life easier. Learn more about five of the best products to consider, as well as some of their most notable features.
PetFusion Ultimate Pet Bed
- The best thing about this dog bed is that it is made from premium memory foam, providing you with the guarantee that it will last for a long time. It is comfortable and supportive. It has a generous size, making it a perfect choice even for larger bags.
- There is a fabric cover, although some people can find it to be too thin. Nonetheless, there is no need for you to worry since it has fabric that is tear and water-resistant. Even through the years, you can expect the best quality for this product. It also has a zipper, and it is machine-washable.
- You might also love how it comes with a non-skid bottom. This will prevent the bed from slipping on the floor, regardless of the weight and movement of your dog.
- To provide you with peace of mind, the manufacturer is offering a warranty that lasts for one year. However, take note that chewing is not covered by the warranty. Also, follow the terms and conditions specified by the manufacturer to be eligible for the warranty coverage.
- High-density foam
- Durable construction
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Bolsters are not made from memory foam
- Thin cover
Brindle Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed
- This dog bed is made from a 3-inch orthopedic memory foam. There are some who might find it to be too soft, but this is only common for those with larger and heavier dogs. Generally speaking, however, it is supportive and comfortable.
- The removable cover is also a plus. It has a waterproof construction, so you do not have to worry about liquid, such as dog urine, from penetrating the foam. The cover also has a suede-like look that makes it beautiful.
- One more thing that we loved about this bed is that it also has a non-skid bottom. Even if your dog moves a lot, it will stay stable on the surface.
- Lastly, it is available in a wide range of sizes. Regardless if you have a small or big dog, there is a bed that will be perfect for your pet’s needs. You can also choose from four colors.
- Waterproof cover
- Durable construction
- Lightweight and portable
- Zipper is quite flimsy
- Foam lacks firmness
Milliard Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Bed
- If budget is an important concern, this is one option that should be on the top of your list of choices. It has an affordable price, yet you can be assured that quality is not compromised. You can also choose from four different sizes depending on the dog that you have.
- The orthopedic memory foam in this bed is worth highlighting. It conforms to the shape of the body of your pet, allowing it to offer optimal comfort. It has the perfect combination of softness and firmness. It is made from 2-inch of 3-pound memory foam.
- This memory foam dog bed also has a waterproof cover. It is easy to clean and wash. There are zippers on both sides, making it easy to take off the cover and put it on. The bottom is also non-slip.
- Has an affordable price
- Responsive memory foam
- Can be flimsy
- Can be prone to mold and mildew
Brindle 4-inch Solid Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Among others, one of the best things about this product is that it has a natural resistance to dust mites, bacteria, and mold. With this, you can be sure that it will not have negative impacts on the health of your pet.
- Another exceptional feature of this product is the open-cell technology. With the latter, there is increased airflow. This will be vital in maintaining the comfort of the dog and will make sure that there will be no fluctuations in temperature.
- Lastly, the manufacturer is offering a three-year warranty. This will give you an assurance that the product has an exceptional quality. If there are defects within the warranty period, the manufacturer has got you covered, which makes your purchase risk-free.
- Has an affordable price
- Washable cover
- Foam is firm but not stiff
- Cover can easily rip
- A bit small for some dogs
Dogbed4less Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
- One of the best things about this product is that it comes not only with one, but three covers. There is one waterproof cover that provides protection for the memory foam and another denim cover. There is also a bonus micro suede cover. The covers are also washable.
- The 100% memory foam that is used in this bed is impressive. It has high-density, guaranteeing that it will not easily get flat over time, even if you have a large dog. It is supportive and is perfect for dogs suffering from arthritis or hip pain.
- Lastly, if you want to have peace of mind, the manufacturer is offering a limited warranty that lasts for two years.
- Thick cushion
- Waterproof cover
- Foam retains its shape
- Has a chemical smell
- Cover can easily stain
- In sum, the best memory foam dog bed is an essential investment to make sure that your pet stays comfortable. It is made from a high-density foam that follows the shape of your pet. It can offer a wide array of benefits, but this will only be the case if you choose the right product.
- From the five products above, one that stands out is PetFusion Ultimate Pet Bed. It is stylish and durable. The memory foam is thick and high-quality. It also remains stable on the floor as there is a non-skid bottom.